…because it’s March.
Here’s what’s going on for me at the midway mark of this month:
- Finished freelance editing project that has been looming over me like a really tall guy with no sense of personal space (it wasn’t that bad, but I had crisis after crisis the moment it hit my plate—remember to communicate with your clients!)
- Decided to shelve current novel for mental health reasons (the topic is way too close to world events right now, and I’m trying not to be overwhelmed by dread as it is)
- Gearing up to outline my next project, which should be a lot of fun
- Took another Rambo Academy class, this one called Plotting Your Trajectory: How to Plan an Unplannable Writing Career with Jennifer Brozek, who is a lovely person. Also, she knows what she’s talking about, which helps
- Trying to figure out if I want to switch from Milanote to Airtable (thoughts? opinions? random compliments about my fashion sense?)
- Mourning the (wise, expected, and yet still disappointing) cancellation of Norwescon
- Trying to figure out if our 3-person end-of-April writing retreat in the wilds of Arizona is still feasible
- Trying to figure out how to work short fiction back into my writing schedule
- Trying to learn Swedish
Let me know what you’re up to, even if it’s just watching Netflix in your pajamas and waiting for the apocalypse.